detailed procedure for deployment and installation of an AWAC ADCP in seabed

Up to Deployment

detailed procedure for deployment and installation of an AWAC ADCP in seabed

Posted by Mah at December 18. 2015

Dear All,

I am going to measure wave and currents in an estuary with 10m depth using an AWAC ADCP for 1 month. It is my first time to work with this instrument.

I have read the AWAC documents to know how to calibrate it and set it up but I need a confirmed and detailed procedure to deploy and mount it on seabed.

would you please provide me with this information?

1- the water depth is 10 m , tidal range is 3-4 m and current speed is 1m/s. what is the optimum weight for bottom mounting?

2- what kind of battery do I need for 1 month measurement?

3-how to deploy it, mount it and mark its position?

4- is there any video that illustrate this process?

thank you.

Re: detailed procedure for deployment and installation of an AWAC ADCP in seabed

Posted by Magnus Grøtterud at December 18. 2015

Hi Mah,

How exciting! Glad to hear you are putting the instrument to use for the first time.

A lot of the answers to your questions depend on the environment and what resources/equipment you have available. I suggest checking out our Mounting Guidelines manual which can be found here.

For a 10m deployment it is probably best to use a sturdy tripod frame with a gimbal to keep the AWAC pointing straight up (<5deg tilt). Be aware that the tripod does not tip over if it is a rocky bottom, this can be checked with a diver. The amount of weight you need depends on the weight and cross-sectional area of the tripod, how strong the currents are and if you are using any buoyancy. You can mark the position either on a GPS or using a buoy to the surface at a sufficient distance from the AWAC. Here are some examples video and here.

The AWAC software shows you the estimated usage of the battery depending on your chosen configuration.

Let us know if there are any other questions at support@nortek.no

Best regards,

Magnus

Re: detailed procedure for deployment and installation of an AWAC ADCP in seabed

Posted by MichelleHoward at July 11. 2019

Brother Printer Support team will help you with all your technical difficulties in using brother printer and will resolve all your doubts regarding the setup and installation process. calling the tech support aussie essay writer team will save your time and money. so call us now on Brother Printer